Capital Area Behavioral Health Collaborative, Inc. (CABHC) has established a scholarship fund to help provide financial support to individuals pursuing employment as a peer specialist. The purpose of the CABHC scholarship is to assist individuals from Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Perry Counties who require financial assistance to participate in the Certified Peer Specialist training.
Scholarships will be awarded on a first come/first serve basis. Scholarships must be used within 12 months from date awarded. Scholarship covers the entire cost of the training/certification. Applicants are responsible for their own travel and lodging. CABHC will make payment directly to the training vendor on behalf of the applicant. CABHC has the right to verify training participation.
- Applicant must be a resident of the Capital Area (Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Perry Counties). An individual is considered a Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon or Perry County resident when s/he has lived in Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon or Perry County for a period of not less than one year.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Applicant must be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving services for a serious mental illness (substance abuse only is not acceptable) and willing to disclose for the purpose of educating, role modeling and providing hope to peers about the reality of recovery.
- Applicant must have at least one year of recovery experience between diagnosis and application and be able to manage own wellness.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Applicant must have had at least 12 months total of full or part time or voluntary work experience within the last three years or 24 credit hours of post secondary education in the past three years.
- Intent to seek paid employment as a Peer Support Specialist or related position.
The completed application and one letter of recommendation. Completion of the application does not guarantee a scholarship. For more information please call 717.671.7190.
Please submit your completed scholarship application to:
Member Relations Specialist
Capital Area Behavioral Health Collaborative, Inc.
2300 Vartan Way
Harrisburg, PA 17110